Tuesday 20 January 2009

On punctuality, again!

Repairman arrived today at 5.30 prompt after calls from the property management agency. Fan fixed, all's right with the world.

This morning, I might well have cost the company several thousand dollars through causing impunctuality. Upon trying to enter the security doors with my pass, a repairman (yes, another!) entered through the other side atexactly the same time. Our simultaneous scanning caused the doors' computer to crash, and we both had to withdraw for it to reset. On trying again, neither of us could gain access. But I persisted, finally giving up scanning after 20 seconds of franticly hitting the machine with my card. I turned to the next person in the line to say 'After you, I think it's my card' to find our illustrious CEO waiting. He smiled, turned to me and offered some very sage words of advice before scanning through the doors himself. Unfortunately they were all in Dutch so I couldn't understand a word of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment